- Does the company keep customer satisfaction ratings? If so, what are the ratings?
- Who are the employees/technitians who will be installing the windows and doors?
- Are the technitians certified by the window manufacturer? Can they provide proof of it?
- How many years of installation (labor) warranty is the company offering?
- What is the warranty of the product being offered?
- How many customer references has the company provided to you?
- How many of the customers references have you called to verify window company performance in previous jobs?
- For how much is the window company's general liability coverage?
- For how much is the window company's workers' compensation coverage?
- Who is the window company's license qualifier?
- Is the person the owner of the company?
- Has company provided copies of the qualifier's license?
- Has window company speficified that someone from their organization will be present at every building inspection necesarry to complete the job?
- Is the company an authororized distributor of the window manufacturer and has shown proof?
- Is the company a member of the Better Business Bureau (BBB)? Does the company have a clean track record with the BBB?
- Does the company use an independent engineering firm to establish the site specifications of the impact products to be installed at your property?
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Choosing a window contractor can be difficult if you are not familiar with the business. Consumers need to know the right questions to ask in order to correctly differentiate one company to the other. You will be surprised of how many times homeowners make the wrong choice simply because they did not ask the right questions. Below, you can find a number of important questions to ask window contractors when you are bidding your replacement window project:
You should copy this list and create a table to see how the bidding companies compare to one another.